Thursday, October 05, 2006

I am the master of stuff nobody needs to know

Today at work, I amazed my coworker because I knew what Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is (it's a genetic condition which affects the collagen protein, so causes problems with tendons at joints, skin fragility, etc). But I just soak up stuff nobody needs to know.

This site is chock full of that kind of stuff. I read a couple of the articles and it's all about neat stuff that you don't really think about in normal life, but now I will think about every time somebody coughs. ;) Amaze your friends and family with all the stuff that you know, and they don't, so neener neener. Trivia is also very useful for amusing small children.

I also know how to grow botulism and how to euthanize a fish.

3 comments:

Revanche said...

So, has there been any word on the new job yet? Or did I totally slack off reading and miss that post?

Kira said...

Nope, you didn't miss anything - I haven't heard a thing from them. I sent them an email on Monday because I thought maybe I had accidentally deleted a voicemail yet, but I haven't gotten a response on that either, which seems strange. Maybe they are waiting on someone else and don't want to say no to me just yet.. I can dream!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for costing me my lunch hour for the next 3 months...