Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cool articles from the financial world

Here's some great articles that I saw on some other sites and just couldn't resist spreading the word about. First, the official IRS statement about the long distance excise taxes - they're going to try and figure out some kind of easy thing to put on your taxes for individuals. I think that is a terrific idea, especially considering that they are going back more than three years to recover this tax. I have only a vague idea of what I paid for my previous cell phone plan, and I certainly don't have the bills. (But it was nice to see my bill this month lower by a buck or two. Every bit helps.) Thanks to The Financial Ladder for posting it - check out his blog for an article about the tax.

Also highly amusing - I love reading about scams and stupid things people do. I don't know, maybe it makes me seem smarter or something? Here's an article about the worst investing ideas Of All Time. This is a perfect example of why you should have at least half a clue when you go to see a financial advisor, even if the entire purpose of handing over your money to the advisor is so you never have to keep up on your money yourself. You should at least be able to tell whether the advice he is giving you is good, bad, or lines his pockets. Thanks to All Things Financial for posting this article.

No comments: