Monday, November 20, 2006

Telling people I'm leaving, part 2

So I go into my supervisor's office and say, I have some news, and close her door.

Supervisor: Are you getting married?
Me: No.
Supervisor: Are you pregnant?
Me: No, thank God.
Supervisor: Are you leaving?
Me: Yep.

I said that I was leaving because it was stagnant and there was no way to move up, and she agreed and said she figured it was only a matter of time. She's happy for me but at the same time it does suck for them since it's not guaranteed that I will be replaced.

Then I told one of the students and another coworker, and I'm waiting to tell another two coworkers and the other student before I send out an email to the doctors.

It will be sad when I leave, I love the people but the job is what I'm here for.

No comments: