Thursday, August 03, 2006

Throwing in the towel

Well, I finally sold my shares of stock in ShareBuilder. I had 8.3 shares of ViaCell, which I bought into at about $4.50 a share. The thing I didn't realize about ShareBuilder is that you can buy in for $4, but you can't get back OUT for less than $16. Which I guess isn't so bad if you have 400 shares to sell all at once. However, I also got a free trade and decided that it was probably worth it to use it. (Otherwise, I'd get like $10 back. A great example of how fees eat up all your damn returns and more.) So I'll be getting $31.08 back. I decided to do it now rather than wait because since I'm in the process of switching banks, I didn't want to have to re-register a new bank account with Sharebuilder.

Maybe I'll register a new account with a promotion code and see if they send me another free trade...

No comments: