Monday, January 15, 2007

Eatin' fancy on the cheap

Check this out kids.. I am very proud of this latest cheap dining escapade. I usually try to use a coupon or something every time we go out (to the point that, when Boyfriend wishes to go out, he asks what coupons I have handy) but this time I was especially skillful. I've taken quite a shine to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant that's unfortunately rather expensive. We went there for our anniversary and the bill including tip was over $120 - so not someplace you go everyday! But I got a $50 gift card (by cashing in 5000 points that were awarded with my Amex Gold which I got for CashDuck) and also signed up for their Fondue Club which gave me a coupon for a free chocolate dessert (about $14 normally.) But this time we knew what was going on (as the menu can be complicated) and got a cheaper package, as well as the gift card and free chocolate. So I present to you my eating on the cheap:



I left a tip of $25 and change to make $40 even - which is about as much as we'd spend at the Olive Garden, for a very swanky evening out.

7 comments:

Cash Money Brother said...

I think your reciept shows your real name, if you didn't mean to share that, it's not too late to remove it :)

Melting pot is only crazy if wine is on the meal, otherwise it's not that price for a nice dinner.

Love you blog.

Kimberly said...

Here's another hint for next time you go. If you plan on a late meal, schedule your reservation for 10 pm or later and depending on your location you may have the option of having one of two late-night specials. The one we get includes the signature meal for two, chocolate fondue, and a bottle of wine (from a short select list) for $60. They have another one that is just the cheese, salad and chocolate courses with a bottle of wine for $40. Call and ask.

Anonymous said...

$25 tip :) you are generous.....thats more than 30% tip :)...

Revanche said...

Very nice! I've never heard of The Melting Pot before but it sounds like fun.

Anonymous said...

I just learned a lot about you via Google. Including that there is someone else with exactly the same name as you...

Kira said...

Actually every listing with my name on it on Google is me.

Tired of being broke said...

You are a generous tipper. Am sure Travis the server was very happy.