Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Because I am a dork...

I started doing my taxes tonight. (Despite the fact that I know I will owe thousands and prefer to keep the money in the savings account until the last minute.) Why? Because I am a huge dork and like to do my taxes. I use H&R Block, although now I make enough that it won't be free anymore. But it does nice things like import my information from last year.

Unfortunately, it seems that the form which you use for the telephone tax refund won't be available for two whole more days, so I can't finish. =) Not that I was going to.. but again, see the dork thing.

5 comments:

Tired of being broke said...

I love doing my taxes also. Am peeved since I have yet to get any W-2s.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. As soon as I got my first W2 I started plugging my numbers into Turbo Tax Online. :) Hope the days past swiftly for you! I'm still waiting on other information I need before I can complete mine. I worked mine so I didn't overpay too much but I'll still get a nice refund thanks to Student Loan Interest.

Ellen said...

I agree, taxes can be fun. I feel really smart when I get everything right. :) I was really irked, though, when I did almost everything, went back to fill out one last form--and H&R Block didn't support it! So I had to scrap the whole thing and find another company to use! So, okay, that was the practice round. :)

English Major said...

Heh--I did it last night. I can't say I liked it, but I did like doing it early. I also did the return three times with three different companies, just to get a two-out-of-three consensus on the numbers. Can you tell I was nervous because I'd never filed before?

Savory Tart Recipes said...

Very nice blog yoou have here