Saturday, July 01, 2006

Holy bargains, Batman!

I am something of a compulsive hoarder. I try to keep this in check by aggressively NOT becoming a really frugal shopper, and NOT stocking up like mad when things are on sale. Because eventually my little apartment would be covered in food. And that would be sad and depressing. But now and then I find something that I just can't resist stocking up on. Exhibit A: I drink a lot of those Crystal Light "On The Go" packets. They're single-serving sized packets of Crystal Light. We have a water cooler at work so I drink about two or three bottles per day, using an empty Powerade bottle over and over. They aren't cheap - $5 or so for 14 packets at Giant Eagle, $4 at Target. (I noticed that those sneaky people over at Kroger had them for $3.59 - but they only put 10 packets in the box. Which works out to be just as expensive as $5 for 14 anyway.) However, when Boyfriend and I were at Target a while back, we discovered their Multiples Of Stuff aisle that randomly appeared. (A whole aisle full of boxes of things plasticated into pairs or triples and marked down slightly. I don't know why.) One of these things was boxes of the On The Go packets - unfortunately they only had one flavor that I liked, but they were $7.59 for 3 boxes! I bought two sets. Hooray for plasticating things together!

No comments: